If You Made a Claim with Progressive Security in Louisiana for Total Vehicle Loss, a Class Action Lawsuit May Affect Your Rights
A COURT AUTHORIZED THE NOTICE.
THIS IS NOT A SOLICITATION FROM A LAWYER.
YOU ARE NOT BEING SUED.
- An insured of Progressive Security Insurance Company in the State of Louisiana, Cheryl Slade, alleges Progressive Security paid her and others similarly situated, less for their total loss of vehicles than the amount they were entitled under their insurance policies.
- The Court has allowed the lawsuit to proceed as a class action on behalf of all named Louisiana Progressive Security insureds who received payment for total loss motor vehicles located in the State of Louisiana, under the terms of their collision automobile insurance policy with Progressive Security Insurance Company, utilizing the Mitchell Work Center Total Loss (WCTL) system, from July 1, 2010 to June 24, 2019.
- The Court has not decided whether Progressive Security did anything wrong. There is no money available now and no certainty there will be. However, your legal rights are affected and you have a choice to make now:
|YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS AND OPTIONS IN THIS LAWSUIT:|
|Stay in this lawsuit. Await the outcome. Give up certain rights. By doing nothing, you keep the possibility of getting money or benefits that may come from a trial or a settlement in this case. But you give up any right to sue Progressive Security separately on any claim that is or could have been included in this lawsuit.|
|Get out of this lawsuit. Get no benefits from it. Keep your rights. If you ask to be excluded from the lawsuit and money or benefits are later awarded, you won’t share in those. But you keep any right to sue Progressive Security separately on the claims in this lawsuit. The deadline to exclude yourself from the lawsuit is August 23, 2019|
- These rights and options—and the deadlines to exercise them—are explained in the Notice.
- Claims against Progressive Security must be proven. If money or other benefits are obtained from Progressive Security, you will be notified about how those benefits will be distributed to you.